We invite you to review our newly-posted September 2016 California Employment Law Notes, a comprehensive review of the latest and most significant developments in California employment law. The highlights include:
- Ninth Circuit Strikes Down Employer’s Class Action Waiver;
- Prompt Final Pay Provisions Of California Labor Code Apply To Retiring Employees;
- Race Discrimination Claim Was Not Barred By Statute Of Limitations;
- $6.3 Million Attorney’s Fees Award (1/3 Of Total Recovery) Was Reasonable In Class Action Settlement;
- Del Mar Fairgrounds/Horsepark Employees Are Exempt From Overtime Under The Amusement Exemption;
- Indian Tribe Did Not Waive Its Sovereign Immunity By Removing Lawsuit To Federal Court; and
- Contractor May Be Entitled To Indemnity From Subcontractor For Injuries To Sub’s Employees.